All About The Down
Off Piste Performance's 'All About The Down' weeks have simple aims. This is a ski guiding week, where we choose the best possible venues in the prevailing conditions. We will balance ability levels with the search for good snow. In short, maximum flexibility for maximum off piste ski descent.
Over the duration of a week you can expect to take an approach that is "all about the down". Skiing in the mountains around Chamonix, taking in both glacial and non-glacial areas, while allowing the excellent lift infrastructure to take the strain. In favourable ski and flying conditions we can arrange heli-skiing just over the border in Italy (additional charges will apply depending on itinerary).
This is an excellent opportunity to practice those hard won skills with Alison. This course will appeal to those who have had some off piste instruction and now wish to put miles under their skis in challenging terrain that is carefully selected by a Guide. 'All About The Down' is an ideal progression from Ski Performance for Mountaineers and Chamonix Off Piste & Ski Mountain Skills.
Chamonix is one of the best off piste ski resorts in Europe, more than just a ski resort, the isolated lifts give access into the high mountains and some of the best Off Piste itineraries around. Not only is there good access to the south and north sides of the valley but also neighbouring areas in Italy and Switzerland.
A trip for those with prior off piste skiing experience and able to cope in most conditions. In the vast majority of cases we expect you to have had some coaching input to your skiing, and are now looking to consolidate those skills in the backcountry. Perhaps against popular belief, it's not essential to be a cliff jumping freerider to enjoy heli-skiing either, it simply allows us to access fresh tracks with fresh legs. You will need to fitness to ski for five full days in the mountains.
£700 per person
Maximum of 4 people
• 5 days guiding with IFMGA Mountain Guide
• Avalanche safety equipment, Shovel, Transceiver and Probe (if required)
What’s not included?
- Additional cost of Heli-skiing (maximum of groups of 4)
- Lift passes. As we will use the best place for the day depending on the weather and snow we ask you to leave buying your pass until the first morning of the course. The cost of a day pass in Chamonix is approximately 60 Euros and any other venues we use will be cheaper than this.
- Insurance (all clients must have their own insurance for skiing off-piste
- Personal ski kit. Click here to see the course kit list
Sorry, there were no entries found for All About The Down, .