Trip Terms and Conditions
This document sets out what you can expect from Off Piste Performance Limited (Company number 7713880) and what your obligations are. You are making a booking with Off Piste Performance Limited and by doing so you are accepting the terms of this agreement.
Payment and confirmation
A deposit of £400 is required to reserve your place on the trip. After your request we will issue an invoice, which will need to be paid by bank transfer or cheque within 14 days for your place to be confirmed. You will be sent confirmation that we have received your payment. Full payment will be required 12 weeks before the start of the trip. If a booking is made less than 12 weeks before the trip commences, the full balance will be payable to reserve a place.
If we cancel your booking
We endeavor to provide the trip as detailed on the website, but if for any reason we cannot deliver it as planned we will notify you promptly. We will refund any payments received in full but we will accept no responsibility for any additional costs incurred. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance prior to making your booking with us.
Off Piste Performance reserve the right to exclude customers from activities they are not adequately prepared or fit enough for and where their involvement may jeopardise their own, other customers or the instructors safety. No refund will be made to clients excluded on these safety grounds.
Should we have to cancel your booking due to circumstances out with our control, for example adverse weather conditions, riots, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, then no refund will be given. However we will provide a letter detailing the cancellation for your insurance company.
If you cancel your booking
If you want to cancel all or part of your booking we require notification by email. If you cancel less than 12 weeks before the commencement of the trip the entire payment is non-refundable. If we are notified of cancellation prior to 12 weeks before the trip then this will incur the lose of deposit.
Should you not be able to attend the trip, through ill health, injury or any other valid reason, no refund will be given. However, we will, if requested, provide a letter for submission to the client’s insurers setting out the fact of cancellation and the reason given by the client.
Off Piste Performance Limited does not insure its clients (whether for medical or rescue costs) against cancellation losses, against the client's own liability to third parties, or any other type of insurance. Most sporting activities have an element of danger and ski touring is no exception. Ensure that you have suitable insurance cover in respect of medical and rescue costs, repatriation, cancellation, and liability to third parties. You must be adequately covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance policy from a licensed agent. Ensure that the policy covers ski touring on glaciated terrain. You must carry your insurance documentation with you during the trip. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if you are not adequately insured.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strictly observe the safety instructions given by Off Piste Performance Limited.
- To inform us of any changes to contact details.
- To ensure that you are prepared and fit enough to undertake this trip.
- To read the kit list for the trip and ensure that you arrive with the appropriate equipment in good working order.
- The trip will at times be physically and mentally demanding. You should be prepared for this and be in good general health.
- Declare any further relevant medical information arising between booking and the course commencing.
- You should be aware that ski touring is highly subject to local weather and conditions. Whilst every effort will be made to complete the trip programme, sometimes this will not be safe or practical. In this event every effort will be made to offer suitable alternatives but no refund will be given.
- To inform us if the trip is not meeting your expectations and we can work to resolve any issues.
- Off Piste Performance may use photos of clients for the website and publicity purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this
Any contract between the client and Off Piste Performance shall be governed in all respects by Law in England and Wales. Only courts in England and Wales shall have jurisdiction in relation to any claim or dispute arising out of or connected with any such contract.