James offers private ski guiding that is tailored to your specific needs, whether it's your first time off piste or a specific classic Chamonix itinerary. Previous clients have hired James for
- Introduction to Ski Touring
- Off Piste ski days at the ski resorts in the Chamonix Valley
- Classic Chamonix ski descents e.g. Vallée Blanche descent
- Chamonix Ski Tours
- Preparation for a ski touring trip
- Heli Skiing
- Ski Mont Blanc
- Glacial travel and crevasse rescue
- Bespoke Avalanche Awareness
- Classic Ski Tours e.g. Haute Route
Full day: £380 (for up to maximum of 4 people)
Please email for current availability
Private guiding can be based at one of the resorts in the Chamonix Valley: Les Houches, Brévent, Flégère, Le Tour or Les Grands Montets. The exact location will be confirmed depending on your requirements, and snow and weather conditions.
The flexible ethos of private guiding allows skiing activity to be carried out in Verbier or Courmayeur or just about anywhere in the Alps. Travel and out of pocket expenses will need to be covered.
Private Guiding in Scotland
James is available for private guiding in Scotland at various times during the season. Please email for availability.
Daily rate - £270 (for a maximum of 4 people)
A full day of private guiding for 5 - 6 people is £300.