Terms and Conditions
This document sets out what you can expect from Off Piste Performance Limited and what your obligations are. By making a booking with Off Piste Performance you are accepting the terms of this agreement.
Payment and confirmation
Full payment is required to reserve your lesson/private instruction/private guiding. After your request we will issue an invoice which will need to be paid by bank transfer or cheque within 14 days for your lessons to be confirmed. The invoice will detail the lessons that you have booked, including dates and prices. If any details are incorrect on the invoice please tell us immediately so that we can make the appropriate changes.
If we cancel your booking
We endeavour to provide all of the lessons/private instruction/private guiding as described in our confirmation, but if for any reason we cannot deliver your lesson we will notify you promptly. We will refund any payments received in full but we will accept no responsibility for any additional costs incurred.
Off Piste Performance reserve the right to exclude customers from activities they are not adequately prepared or fit enough for and where their involvement may jeopardise their own, other customers or the instructors safety. No refund will be made to clients excluded on these safety grounds.
If you cancel your booking
If you want to cancel all or part of your booking we require notification by email. If you cancel less than 8 weeks before the commencement of your booking the entire payment is non-refundable. If you cancel prior to this then a full refund will be given.
Should you not show for the lessons booked and paid for, through ill health, injury or any other valid reason, no refund will be given. However, we will, if requested, provide a letter for submission to the client’s insurers setting out the fact of cancellation and the reason given by the client.
Off Piste Performance Limited does not insure its clients (whether for medical or rescue costs) against cancellation losses, against the client's own liability to third parties, or any other type of insurance. Most sporting activities have an element of danger and skiing is no exception. Ensure that you have suitable insurance cover in respect of medical and rescue costs, cancellation, and liability to third parties. We recommend that you are adequately covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance policy from a licensed agent. Some insurance may also cover lift closures due to adverse weather conditions. If booking an off piste course, private lesson or private guiding please ensure you have a policy that covers skiing off piste.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To check that your lesson, private instruction, private guiding is booked for the date and time that you require.
- Strictly observe the safety instructions given by Off Piste Performance Limited.
- To call Off Piste Performance Ltd once in resort to confirm the location of your lesson, private instruction, private guiding.
- To inform us of any changes to contact details.
- To ensure that you are prepared and fit enough to undertake your ski lessons, private instruction or private guiding.
- To read the kit list for your course and ensure that you arrive with the appropriate equipment in good working order.
- Clients must expect to be involved in the lesson or course type they requested, which may be physically and mentally demanding. You should be prepared for this and be in good general health.
- Declare any further relevant medical information arising between booking and the course commencing.
- You should also be aware that skiing, and especially skiing off-piste is highly subject to local weather and conditions and whilst every effort will be made to meet your course aims sometimes this will not be safe or practical. In this event every effort will be made to offer suitable alternatives but no refunds will be available.
- To cover the instructor's or guides travel expenses if your lesson, private instruction, private guiding takes place outside of the Chamonix valley.
- To inform us when in resort if our lessons, private instruction or private guiding have not met your expectations and we can work to resolve any issues.
- Off Piste Performance may use photos of clients for website, social media and publicity purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this.
Any contract between the client and Off Piste Performance shall be governed in all respects by Law in England and Wales. Only courts in England and Wales shall have jurisdiction in relation to any claim or dispute arising out of or connected with any such contract.